Skip to main content

DOWNLOAD #032


50 CENT - Before I Self Destruct (2009)

Fiddys back and he is droppin it like its hot. This is fourth studio album by 50 Cent containing 16 jaw droppin bombs, with blazin rhymes and dope beats (well at least some of them). Honestly i am not really a big fan of Fifty. A good hip hop song for me usually an amalgamation of good story telling, like Eminem and crazy catchy riffs on the spinners and not to forget catchy sing along choruses as a bonus. Well, for the radios, they usually go for the beats. No matter if you are a good rapper or not, if your got ill beats, they gon play you.

Does this album got what it takes? I dont know. "Psycho" was a good collabo track between 50 and Eminem with Dre behind studio glass. "Death To My Enemy" is another Dre produced song, gangsta? yes. memorable? No. "OK You're Right" is OK. The beat is a thumbs up. "Baby By Me" featuring Ne-yo is the only track that I give a two thumbs up. Good beat, the rhyme is ok and the catchy chorus courtecy of Ne-yo. A radio favorite indeed. Get this one if you like Fiddy.

Oh, the cover is ugly. What is he trying to prove? Self destruction in the form of a volcanic face? Or is he suffering from some sort of a skin disease complete with all the gangrenous cuts and all? Yuck.

DOWNLOAD

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

DOWNLOAD #003

GREEN DAY - American Idiot (2004) The only reason why am I putting this 2004 album is because it was so hard for me to get this album on the net when I finally decided that it was the time for me to try and give this album a proper listening. Green Day had just released their 2009 album titled 21st Century Breakdown a couple of months ago by the way and I think I shall wait for another couple more years before I give that one a try. After wimping out with a couple of "mature" albums, it was a relief to see this most popular punk rock band on the planet doing the hard political stuff again. Although Wake Me Up When September Ends was the typical ballad following the Good Riddance (time of your life) formula and I have to admit that the song was a very good, radio friendly and listenable song. One thing for sure, without Green Day and Offspring, MTV pop punk bands in the likes of Good Charlotte, Sum 41 and Simple Plan would still be in their respective garages playing to the e

DOWNLOAD #029

BOYZ II MEN - Love (2009) Do i need to review this? Do I? Enjoy! There is also a rumour that they will be recording an anniversary album that will be released in 2011. With all 4 original members! DOWNLOAD

DOWNLOAD #007

GINUWINE - A Man's Thoughts (2009) This is the latest Ginuwine's album, a Man's Thoughts. Since I am still high on Joe's latest release I have to say that the yardstick for a good smooth neo soul and RnB album would be of his in comparison. So what about this one? This album contains 15 tracks that will and shall make you bounce. Ginuwine's vocals and tone are digestible I guess. Most of the songs are modern and loop oriented which is not my cup of tea. If you like ballads like moi, you will enjoy tracks like "When Im Mad" and the chocolate-esque "Touch Me" and "Orchestra" which is quite a hooker. Meanwhile the party song "Get Involved" featuring Timbaland and Missy Elliot is a hot party track filled with Timbaland's signature beat. All I can say that this album is a good and bouncy album. A good soundtrack for a chill party by the beach. Modern RnB enthusiasts, this one is for you. DOWNLOAD